Sunday, September 16, 2012

Upcoming Adventures!

I am really excited, blessed, and happy to say that I have accepted a full-time, permanent position as Park Interpreter at a state park in Laredo, Texas!

My agenda is as follows:

This Wednesday, I fly back to Eugene to visit family and hopefully go through my storage unit there, deciding what to ship to Laredo and what to leave behind/sell on Craigslist/give away. I fly back to CO on Tues, Sep 25th. Then at the Denver airport, I am picking up a  good friend, who will be flying in to help me out. She and I plan to visit and camp one night at Rocky Mountain National Park, and then that Wed. we will drive back to my place here at the Park.

Then that Saturday (the 29th of Sep), friend and I are planning to embark on a HUGE road trip down to Laredo!! It will take about 10 days or so, and we plan to see Arches National Park, Mesa Verde National Park, White Sands N. Monument in NM, Roswell New Mexico, Carlsbad Caverns, Big Bend National Park, and other fun things along the way. Friend is planning to help me unpack in Laredo, and we'll spend one night there before driving up to Corpus Christi area to bird the Gulf coast! Her flight is out of Corpus Christi on October 10th, and then I'll drive back to Laredo and prepare to start my first "real" job on October 15th!!!!

So I am looking for an apartment in Laredo. I am so excited for this new adventure in my life!!!  

I plan to post many, many pictures from my friend's and my upcoming roadtrip, but in the meantime, I thought I would post a few pictures that I took while I was in Laredo in July for the interview.  !

this was a really neat park I birded at a few times in Laredo.

where I got my life Olive Sparrow!!!!!

This is a Great Kiskadee, terrific birds. :)

this picture and the next few were taken at the park where I will be working!!! It is going to be SO different from Oregon, but I am super excited!

Oh no big deal, just Cactus Wrens hanging out on the women's bathroom. :D

I told you it'd be different from Oregon!

I looked this lizard up but I forget what species he is. I plan and hope to get many exciting lizards, snakes, and amphibians while in TX!! Note this little guy's stripes on the underbelly!

There are crazy butterflies and dragonflies down there, since it's pretty much almost in Mexico. Here is a picture of a Roseate Skimmer dragonfly, a gorgeous animal!

Javelina at the campus of Texas A and M International University!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations, Holly, I am so happy for you and proud of you. Can't wait to see and read all about your adventures.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete