Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First blog post

Well, I was posting on Facebook today about how I was going to go look for the wild horses northwest of town, and my friend Kathy said, "Holly, you should have a blog!" I wasn't sure at first. I told her that I post most everything on Facebook already. But she said that she thought people from all over would be interested in my adventures! It's not that my adventures are so amazing. But I have had some pretty cool experiences, and seen some awesome places, met some really interesting people, and seen super neat animals. So I decided to take her up on her advice!

So today I drove around 2 hours northwest of where I am currently living in northwest Colorado, to a place called Sandwash. I was pretty excited when after about 17 miles of driving on a bumpy-ish dirt road, I looked with my binoculars at something that looked odd, and it was horses!


 I parked, got out, and walked closer to the horses. Then later they started to walk toward me! I hoped they wouldn't come and attack me. Well, they didn't. I took a bunch of pictures. As I said on Facebook, I was a bit disappointed that the horses were so....well....normal looking. They looked pretty much the same as the horses I'd seen in the pastures as I drove on highway 318! But these were definitely wild horses. This was BLM land for MILES, and no fences either. At first I saw five, and then more appeared out of thin air. When I left I had counted 12!






























In future posts, I'll definitely add captions, but I just captioned more pics than these for my FB. Also I probably won't post NEARLY as many photos at a time....but I just couldn't resist sharing these pictures of the horses! I did pare it down: there were about 57 good pics and I modified down to 32 for this blog. :)

I don't have any more adventures planned for the next few days. i am off work tomorrow, but plan to have a glorious day of doing NOTHING. Then the next "weekend" (I am off Mon-Tues), will be my last one in between work, and who knows what I'll do! Hopefully I'll know by then about a job. We'll see!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Holly! This is awesome, and you sure did get right on creating this blog! I can't wait to see more of what you share. I'll give you a shout-out on my blog in the morning so that my friends will know to come and visit you. Love all the pictures and the background that you chose.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, amazing! I just did a cross country drive with my teenage daughter and we discussed whether there were wild horse--it looks like maybe there are! Glad Kathy sent me over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly, I am not a horseman but your pictures are awesome and nothing less! If you are used to bicycling through Dutch polders, your Colorado landscape is very impressive. Thanks for sharing.
    BTW I am here thanks to Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat experience. I would LOVE to see wild horses like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete